Pest Control, LLC Pest of the Month: Rodents
Eek! There’s a mouse in the house!
Buzz Kill Pest Control, LLC has some great facts and information on how to prevent a rodent infestation.
With cooler weather outdoors and warm, cozy temperatures indoors, unwanted house guests could start to invade your home. Some of the most common pests that invade your home during the winter are Rats or Mice. Rodents can be destructive by chewing on materials, plus they can carry disease. The best way to avoid an invasion is to seal holes and cracks and provide as little harborage sites as possible.
Steps you can take to prevent a rodent invasion:
- Make sure to seal up tiny holes and cracks to prevent rodents from entering. Remember: Mice can squeeze through a hole the diameter of nickel and rats can squeeze through a hole the diameter of quarter.
- Place weather stripping at the bottom of all doors – don’t forget the garage door.
- Trim all tree limbs aways from the roof to prevent roof rats.
- Remove any debris away from the home like wood piles, stones or bricks. These are great nesting sites for rodents and they can provide a good step/entry into the house. If it is something you cannot part with, move it to the furthest point in your yard and try to elevate it off of the ground.
- Do not let leaves pile next to the house, for they provide a good area of harborage especially for mice.
- Remove all trash as often as possible.
If you do get an infestation of rodents indoors start control as soon as possible. Some options to rid rodents are sticky traps, snap traps or baits. The method you choose should depend on the severity of the infestation.
Call a professional, like Buzz Kill Pest Control for help in eliminating your rodent infestation. Together we can control and maintain a rodent free environment for you.