Fire Ant Bite Relief

An insect bite that quickly gets any child’s attention is a bite from a fire ant. Fire ants earned their name because their venom induces fiery painful sensation. When disturbed, fire ants become very aggressive.

To help you and your family avoid fire ants, you should regularly check your yard and your children’s play areas for the presence of the ants and their mounds. If you discover any fire ants, it is said to eliminate them or just make sure your children stay away from them.

If you or your child is stung by a fire ant, apply ice to the area of the bite for 10 to 15 minutes and elevate the body part where the sting is located. To avoid any secondary infections from scratching the bite, clean and clip your child’s finger nails. Also, be sure to check with your child’s pediatrician or family physician for the correct dosage of an oral antihistamine to calm any inflammation or itching sensation.

A very small percentage of children that are stung by fire ants, probably less than 0.5 percent, experience a serious anaphylactic reaction. These reactions occur within minutes of a sting and vary in severity. Within minutes of being stung, a child will begin to experience weakness, hives, wheezing, dizziness, shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing, or confusion. If any of these symptoms occur, they should immediately be taken to the nearest emergency room. Once the sting wound begins to heal, be sure to watch the area for signs of infection.

Buzz Kill Pest control has the exterminator for any bug; we are the pest control DFW demands every season all year round. Contact us for ant control and all of our home pest control services. Just call 817.812.BUZZ (2899) or 214.233.OUCH (6824).

quick-quote-form

Quick Quote Form

All the fields marked as * are mandatory