Buzz Kill Pest Control in North Richland Hills has some great tips and information on how to prevent bugs and rodents from entering your home.
How Do Pests End Up In Your Home?
Rodents are excellent climbers and when fall starts and food sources are scarce, they can easily enter your home. Mice can squeeze through spaces as small as a nickel. Rats can gain entry to a home through a hole the size of a quarter. Other pests can crawl through weep holes, tiny cracks around windows and doors, under garage doors, from branches and shrubs that touch the home, eaves, etc.
Preventative Tips That You Can Do as a Homeowner to Keep Pests Out:
- Cut down on entryways, which can reduce problems indoors. Install door sweeps or thresholds at the base of all exterior entry doors. Don’t forget to check the garage door and fit with a bottom seal.
- Seal cracks and holes on the outside of the home including entry points for utilities and pipes (outdoor faucets, gas meters, clothes dryer vents, telephone wires, cable/TV wires, etc.).
- Remove sources of moisture and harborage.
- Keep branches and shrubs trimmed away from the home.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it on a regular basis.
- Store any firewood away from the house and off of the ground.
- Don’t overlook proper drainage at the foundation and always install gutters or diverts which will channel water away from the structure.
- Consider applying an exterior insecticide treatment.
Sealing Takes Work But Is Worth It
While sealing is a more permanent way to exclude pests originating from the outdoors; it can be labor-intensive and sometimes impractical. Pest proofing can be supplemented by an exterior treatment with an insecticide.
Buzz Kill Pest Control Keeps Rodents Out Of Your Way
Contact Buzz Kill Pest Control for additional information and treatments if necessary. Together we can work through the problem and make your home or business bug and rodent free this fall and winter.
Feel free to visit our specials page for money-saving offers!