Dallas-Fort Worth Mosquito Prevention Tips!
Buzz Kill Pest Control has some great tips on mosquito prevention that will help in your Dallas-Fort Worth mosquito control program, or for your mosquito misting system program.
Homeowner Prevention Tips:
- Eliminate or reduce mosquito breeding sites by replacing all standing water at least once a week. This includes birdbaths, ponds, and swimming pools.
- Remove unneeded vegetation or trash from around any standing water sources that cannot be changed, dumped or removed.
- Introduce mosquito-eating fish such as gambusia, green sunfish, bluegills and minnows to standing water.
- Screen windows, doors, and other openings with fine mesh, sealing around all screen edges and keeping doors and windows shut to prevent entry.
- Avoid going outdoors when and where mosquitoes are most active: during dusk or dawn.
- Use repellent on exposed skin whenever and wherever mosquitoes are likely to bite. The most effective repellents currently available contain the active ingredient N,N-diethylbenzamide (DEET), in concentrations up to about 35% (greater concentrations don’t offer better protection).
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long-legged pants, preferably treated with a repellent as well.
Do you have questions about mosquitoes, mosquito control, or mosquito misting systems?
Call Buzz Kill Pest Control for a free mosquito inspection, estimate or any other pest control needs. Together we can work through the problem and make your home or business mosquito free. Buzz Kill Pest Control provides one-time event spraying, monthly spray applications, portable mosquito systems, and fully automated mosquito misting systems. Buzz Kill Pest Control uses only the latest in technologies and products to provide the best possible mosquito control service for our customers.