Ticks are most common in grassy wooded areas. If you have any pets, be sure to check them for ticks often. Although ticks are usually harmless, they can carry Lyme disease, so it is still important to look out for them. If you, your child, or your pet is bitten by a tick, you’ll want to remove it from the skin immediately.
To Remove a Tick:
- Take out a cotton swab or ball and a small disposable container.
- Pour a small amount, at least 2 tablespoons, of rubbing alcohol in the bottom of the container
- Dip the cotton in the alcohol and dab it directly on the site of the tick (if it is loose from the skin, dab continuously so it can’t move).
- Take a second cotton swab or ball and dip it in the alcohol; press then hold it on the tick for at least 3 minutes (this suffocates the tick).
- Once the tick has been suffocated, apply a dollop of petroleum jelly to the area covering the tick; let this sit for at least 3 minutes.
- Then, with tweezers, remove the tick and clean off any excess petroleum jelly.If you have any complications or issues when attempting to remove a tick, be sure to contact a medical professional. Buzz Kill Pest Control provides pest control during the warmer seasons and all year round. We have an exterminator for all the insects, bugs, or termites that you’re trying to keep out. Just call 817.812.BUZZ (2899) or 214.233.OUCH (6824).