Tick & Flea Exterminator
Fleas and Ticks are a persistent pest that can make life unbearable for pets and pet owners. Your pet may potentially carry these pests into your home but may also enter the home even if you don’t own a pet. There are many cases where fleas and ticks may attach themselves to your clothing and be brought into your home. They love pets but will take a bite out of you as well. They feed on blood and are difficult to get rid of as they have four developmental stages. Buzz Kill is ready to attack all four stages of their life with our 2-step service to eliminate these biting pests from your home or yard. We offer a combined interior and exterior service or just an exterior service to eliminate them from your house or yard. Even with our professional products and our knowledge of these biting pests we need help from our customers before and after the treatment.
What homeowners need to do before we arrive:
- Vacuum all rugs, carpets, furniture and seal and dispose of the vacuum bag or clean the filter outside plus sweep and mop all tile and vinyl floors
- Clear and clean all floors and furniture of any items that can be picked up including decorative items, pillows, pet bowls, children’s toys including anything that is stored under beds and furniture.
- Be prepared to leave with your pet(s) from your residence the day of the service. Fish bowls and aquariums may remain if properly covered and tank is turned off during the treatment.
- Wash or discard of all pet bedding or toys
- Mow the lawn to where the grass is short
- Let the pest control professional know where your pet likes to sleep, eat and rest most of the time
- Make sure your pet is either on a regular flea or tick treatment or you take them to the vet to get them professionally bathed on the same day as the service.
What homeowners need to do after the service:
- Return to your home with your pet(s) after the recommended time your pest control professional has advised.
- Wait to vacuum for at least 24 hours after the service to give the insecticide time to work.
- After the initial 24 hours, vacuum every 3-4 days for at least 2-3 weeks.
- Please note for fleas, it is normal to see some adult fleas for up to 3 – 4 weeks after the treatment due to hatchings that can occur.