Termite Pest Control
It is always best to call in professionals regarding termite pest control. Despite their small stature, termites can cause a lot of damage to your property if untreated early on. Not only will they eat the structure of your home or business, but once they’re inside, they can damage insulation, sheetrock, books and other items made of cellulose. Among construction workers, carpenter ants and termites represent the greatest natural threat to their business.
If you suspect a termite infestation, there are several signs to watch out for. Some of the surefire signs of a problem include seeing winged termites swarming around your home, finding mud tubes near your foundation or interior, prominent wood damage and uneven paint. Termites use mud tubes as their superhighways into your home, carving a direct path to their buffet table.
If you need a Southlake pest control company specializing in termite control, you need Buzz Kill Pest Control. We have over 30 years of experience, and our reputation as a quality pest control and exterminator business has only grown with plans and products like Termidor He or Trelona Termite Bait targeting termites. Contact us today if you need to treat, bait or exterminate any termite threat to your home or business.
Wondering How To Prevent A Termite Infestation In Your Home?
Termites need food, water and shelter to survive. By ensuring that you don’t have any of these things around your home, you can help reduce the risk of termites taking up residence. If you’re worried about termites, we have some steps you can take to help prevent an infestation:
- Avoid water accumulation near the foundation of your structure.
- Divert water away with properly functioning downspouts, gutters and splash blocks.
- Ensure the structure is adequately ventilated, including the attic and internal crawl spaces.
- Identify and fix all water leaks in your home, both internal and external.
- Remove any brush or heavy growth around your home.
- Never bury wood scraps or waste lumber in your yard.
- Store all firewood and excess building material away from the structure
- Most importantly, eliminate wood contact with the soil by maintaining at least a six-inch gap between the soil and wood portions of the building
Termites will not wait for construction to finish before attacking a building; they will attack when they smell wood in the ground. Working on a construction project? For commercial customers, termite prevention provides an invaluable service to protect your investment. Buzz Kills provides termite extermination services for any commercial, industrial or residential structure in the pre-construction or post-construction phase.
Our termite baiting systems are often installed in the ground right after construction begins. These termite bait stations contain termite bait within them. When they eat the bait, they die. We also use Trelona Termite Bait to ward termites off your property for post-construction termite protection.
We Have Some Pre-Construction Termite Treatment Tips
While you will need a professional termite pest control company to install baits and apply products to the soil or wood to keep any investment safe, there are still some things you can do to keep termites away from any properties currently planned. Here’s how:
- Clear the building site of all stumps, roots, wood and similar materials before you start construction.
- Remove all form boards and grade stakes used in construction.
- Make no contact between the building woodwork and the soil or fill. Exterior woodwork should be 6 inches above the ground at a minimum. Beams in crawl spaces should be at least 18 inches above the ground for future inspections.
- Any plants or irrigation should stay two feet away from the foundation.
- Thorough annual inspections can find wood damage or termite activity.
- Fence posts, poles, and general foundation structures should be commercially pressure treated and not touch another structure.
Buzz Kill Pest Control technicians know how to manage any termite problem. We have been providing termite pest control services in the Dallas-Southlake area since 2008. With locations spread over the metropolitan, Buzz Kill can take care of your termite problem no matter where you live or work.
Our treatment options can handle termites and more common pests. Should you have any questions about our pest control plans or are worried that you might have a termite infestation, don’t wait. Call Buzz Kill Pest Control today for a free inspection and estimate.